Ashok Sukumaran is a Japanese-born Indian contemporary artist.
Sukumaran was born to a Japanese mother and an Indian father in Sapporo, Japan in 1974. Sukumaran grew up in Shimla and did his schooling from St. Edward's School, Shimla.
Sukumaran is a trained architect with a degree from School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi, India. He holds an MFA from Department of Design Media Arts at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the co-founder of the collaborative studio CAMP, (along with Shaina Anand) based in Mumbai.
- Golden Nica-interactive art Ars Electronica 2007 - "Park View Hotel"
- First Prize for the UNESCO Digital Arts Award 2005 – "City and Media".
- Honorary Mention Ars Electronica- interactive art - "Glow Positioning System" 2005
- 2003 David Bermant Foundation Award
- Grand prize in the Samsung Art and Design Institute’s competition for 2002
- Universal Warning Sign Design Exhibition - First Prize - Yucca Mountain